Apart from forming Conventional Tank Heads, Joggled Tank Heads, Segmental Tank Heads, Spheres and Formed Elbows, Conrex Steel specializes in Heat Treating, Stress Relieving and Grit Blasting fabrications and castings.
Your Heat Treating, Stress Relieving and Grit Blasting Advantage at Conrex Steel:
- We service a wide range of industries including construction, foundry, heavy machinery, hydroelectric power, mining, nuclear, oil and gas, military, and steel mills.
- We can Post Weld Heat Treat small to large size Tank Heads and Pressure Vessels.
- With two very large furnaces, Conrex Steel can perform various heat treatments such as Stress Relieve, Normalize and Quench and Temper.
- Our furnaces are capable of heating up to 1950°F. We have the ability to add up to 9 thermocouples on one furnace and 11 thermocouples on our second furnace to monitor and control the furnace temperature.
- Our Furnace is TUS (Temperature Uniformity Survey) certified to accurately monitor temperatures of your parts during heat treatment.
- We also have a 197” diameter – 11,500 gallon mechanically agitated water tank for quench and temper processes.
- We can heat treat parts as large as 16’ x 31’ and as heavy as 40 tons.
- Our material handling capabilities include fork trucks with the upward capacity of 30 tons, a 60-ton electronic 4X4 transfer cart and two 20-ton cranes for a maximum of 40 tons lifting capacity.
- We offer Stress Relieving as an overnight service for next day pickup.
- We can perform various industry standard Stress Relieving such as ASME Section VIII, CSA W59, AWS D1.1 or We can custom tailor heat treatment requirement to meet your specific needs.
- In addition to our Stress Relieving services, we also provide Blasting Services as a post-production offering. Our grit blast booth effectively and efficiently removes plate scale and rust from carbon steel plate, pipe, beams and fabrications.
Do you have even larger and heavier parts which require heat treating, blasting or advanced coating requirements? We can still serve you via our two prestigious divisions namely Aberfoyle Metal Treaters and Teff-Line Ltd. Contact us for more information, 1-800-387-5820.
Our custom tailored, solutions-based approach to all of our clients’ projects is why Conrex Steel is a leader in the Tank Head Industry across North America, and abroad. Conrex Steel is also known for fabricating Formed Elbows and have new capabilities in Double Curvature and Sphere Forming, Stress Relieving and Shot/Grit Blasting, and Joggled Heads. To learn more about the fabrication of conventional tank heads, all of our capabilities, and the additional services and processes that we offer, see the table below or you can contact us directly at 1-800-387-5820.