At Conrex Steel, we specialize in the fabrication of segmental tank heads (multi piece or segments), servicing a wide variety of industries such as Oil and Gas, Water Treatment, Cryogenics, Pulp and Paper and Plastics. With over 60,000 sq./ft of production space in our Toronto location, we have the capabilities to produce large diameter multi piece heads efficiently, without compromising on quality.
Your Segmental Tank Head Advantage at Conrex Steel
- We fabricate, trial fit, tack weld, match, mark and knock-down our tank heads with robotically trimmed, tapered or beveled edges.
- Whether from normalized or as-rolled plates, our segmental tank head types range from Semi Elliptical, Flanged and Dished, Tori-conical, Double Knuckle Cone, Toroidal, Hemispherical and Dished Only.
- Our fabrication of Segmental, multi piece, tank heads go back 60 years, and our experience and precision allow us to produce the highest quality segmental heads ready for fit up, with no need for additional work.
- Many of our customers comment about how much faster Conrex Segmental multi piece heads fit up and weld in their facilities, due to our tight tolerances. Ask for references.
- Our in-house robotic trimming allows for faster production while maintaining a high level of accuracy. We have two technologically advanced robotic rooms to take care of precision trimming and beveling.
- Conrex creates further time and cost efficiencies for our customers by optimizing the time in our robotic trimming room by cutting beveled holes as required in any of the segmental components.
- Our current capabilities can produce segmental heads ranging in diameter from 20′ to 120′ (in house), and thicknesses of ¼ inch up to 5 ½ inch nominal gauge.
- In some cases of thin or extremely thick Hemi’s or multi curvature structures a segmental is your only solution. Ask for examples of some of our more difficult projects.
- Our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement, allows us to stay ahead of industry demands and provide the quality and precision that our clients have come to expect.
Our custom tailored, solutions-based approach to all of our clients’ projects is why Conrex Steel is a leader in the tank head Industry across North America, and abroad. Conrex Steel is also known for fabricating Formed Elbows and has new capabilities in Double Curvature and Sphere Forming, Stress Relieving and Shot/Grit blasting, and Joggled Heads. To learn more about our fabrication of segmental tank heads, all of our capabilities, the additional services, and processes that we offer, see the table below or you can contact us directly at 1-800-387-5820.