Discover the Conventional Tank Heads Advantage at Conrex Steel
At Conrex Steel, one of the many areas we specialize in is the fabrication of conventional tank heads. Conventional tank heads are typically one piece formed heads (even if two or more plates are welded together prior to forming). We form pressure vessel quality (PVQ), non PVQ carbon steel, stainless steel, alloy, titanium, low alloy steels, HY-80, HY-100 and various clad materials.
- We serve a wide variety of industries including water treatment, cryogenics, propane, transportation and more, providing innovative solutions including components for pressure vessels, tanks, and boilers.
- Our quality control program also ensures these meet all manufactured Mil-Spec standards including CSA, ASME and TSSA.
- With over 100,000 sq./ft of production space, we can produce an array of conventional heads such as, ASME 2:1 Semi Elliptical, ASME or Standard Flanged and Dished, ASME or Standard Dished Only, Toriconical, Flanged Only, Flanged and Flued, Flanged and Reversed Dished, Flared and Dished and Hemispherical.
- We manufacture conventional tank heads from 6-5/8″ up to 220″ in diameter, and thicknesses from 3/16″ up to 6″ nominal gauge, with a range of trim selections available to suit your needs.
- Through our robotics capabilities, we can trim your heads as well as cut beveled holes to your drawing specifications.
- Joggling is available for specific sizes and thicknesses.
Conventional tank heads after normalizing in the furnace
New Macrodyne 3500 ton press and conventional tank head
Small diameter Stainless Steel conventional tank heads
Edge preparation being carried out
Smaller diameter conventional tank heads stacked
Conventional tank head made from 2205 Duplex Material
GOOD TO KNOW:
We’re a leader in the tank head industry across North America and around the world. And remember, we’re also your go-to for forming services like Joggled Heads, Segmental Tank Heads, Formed Elbows, Spheres, as well as Stress Relieving and Grit Blasting Services.
We’re locked and ready to deliver conventional tank heads. REQUEST A QUOTE